A disaster every homeowner wouldn’t want their house to encounter is fire. Fires can turn homes into ashes. With an unattended candle or even a tiny electrical spark, your home and your family are put at risk. This is why apart from securing a fire insurance policy in the Philippines, taking note of flammable chemicals and preparing for any unfortunate incidents is important.
Besides the usual fire hazards, here are some you must have missed.
Nail polish and nail polish removers
Every kikay girl’s must have, nail polish and nail polish removers contain acetone. This chemical, mostly found in paint thinners, is extremely flammable. Prolonged exposure to sunlight can have it bursting into flames. There’s nothing bad with storing this in your home, just as long as you make sure it’s kept in a cool place and away from electrical sparks.
Mostly used for beer pong today, who knew that ping-pong balls are made from celluloid? Celluloid is a dangerous plastic because of its susceptibility to heat, thus, resulting in its flammable nature. Add the fact that it contains oxygen inside, which can feed fire when ignited. With this in mind, store these balls properly.
Have accumulating dust in your home? Better clean it up quick! Apart from the fact that it poses risks to your health, a stockpile of dust can catch fire when exposed to any source of heat. Make dusting an everyday habit if you can. Besides, who wants dust bunnies in their home?
These are only some of the uncommon flammable stuff you can find in your house. Now that you know about it, don’t risk your home. Store them away safely and call up your trusted insurance company in the Philippines to get the best protection for your home.