Cool, powerful, and mysterious—having black as your favorite color can be a reflection of your personality or aspirations. Dreaming to have a black car, for instance, may have stemmed from admiring Batman’s Batmobile or other famous movie cars. Otherwise, you may just like being “low-key” but never out of trend.
Certainly, choosing a car of any kind requires proper care and maintenance. Aside from acquiring comprehensive car insurance in the Philippines, owning a black car has its own special demands. Here are the pros and cons:
Getting a black car can be an exciting venture! Check out its advantages:
- Aesthetically pleasing – Black evokes positive associations, including attractiveness, elegance, and sophistication. This is why many wear black for formal events, and brands like Apple, Louis Vuitton, and Nike use black in their logos.
- Great for a mood boost – Colors can affect our moods, feelings, and emotions. It can be used to signal action or even influence physiological reactions. If black is your favorite, then being around it can make you feel more comfortable. It may also boost your confidence when you are feeling anxious, upset, or stressed.
- Looks pricer than it is – In a 2019 survey, black cars placed 2nd to white in a global popularity ranking. Neutral colors accentuate the angular, edgy, and luxurious feel of sports cars. Because of these, the resale value of black cars can be higher than that of other colors as well.
On the other hand, here are some things to watch out for:
- Challenging to clean – Black car paint is said to be the hardest color to maintain. This is because it is prone to fading quickly due to the sun’s UV rays. It also has high reflectivity and contrast, making grime or scratches more visible on its surface in a brighter setting.
- Physically hotter than other cars – In an experiment by Auto Trader, it was proven that black cars heat up faster and cool down slower than white. This is something to consider, especially in a tropical country like the Philippines.
- Might be more prone to accidents – Research shows that black cars are 12% more likely to be involved in accidents. Black, along with gray or silver, resemble the colors of the road and other structures. This makes it harder for other drivers to avoid them, eventually causing more accidents.
Making your decision
At the end of the day, pick the color you find the most convenient. After all, your car should stay with you for quite some time, so it should be worth it. Just keep all considerations in mind and prepare for them in advance. Complete your list with the help of your trusted insurance companies in the Philippines today!