The Holiday season is fast approaching, and with it comes the year-end travel season with family and friends.
For those traveling out of the country, being in a completely new locale and stepping into an entirely different culture can be overwhelming and confusing. To keep globetrotters safe on their trips, Malayan Insurance provides tips for vacationers for when they travel abroad.
- Strive to blend in. This means ditching the flashy clothes and jewelry, and packing clothes that are appropriate for the place, culture, and weather of the country you are visiting. Other than being respectful, this makes you look less like a tourist.
- Do your homework. While worrying about mishaps may be the last thing you feel like doing when getting ready for vacation, it is still important that you’re prepared for accidents or injury. Look up phone numbers for the police and emergency medical assistance, and save them in your mobile phone or on a card. It may also come in handy to learn a few words, like “help” and “hospital”, in the local language.
- Malayan Insurance offers vacationers Travel Master—a comprehensive protection option that safeguards travellers against possible accidents, medical expenses, and other travel-related problems. Travellers are assured of protection in the event of accidents as Travel Master comes equipped with the value-added feature of cashless hospitalization while on foreign travel.
- Be smart about the activities you sign up for. New places can offer a variety of fun sports to try out, but keep in mind that being a neophyte can put you at a higher risk of injury and mishaps. Whether it is white-water rafting, snowboarding, or ziplining, invest in appropriate protective gear. Pay attention to your guides and instructors, and don’t be afraid to ask them for extra help.
- In cases of accidents, however, adventurous spirits can count on Travel Master’s Sports Activities Extension. Policyholders can rely on medical treatment and travel assistance benefits for accidents due to fitness, winter, water, and other extreme sports. Travel Master also provides extra protection for sports equipment that are checked in when you travel via common carriers.
- Take advantage of GPS apps. There’s no more obvious way to declare that you’re a tourist than by having your nose buried in a guidebook or a map. It’s better to plot out your route beforehand on your smartphone. Additionally, most travel map apps have audio guides, so you can keep your eyes on the road while you are driving. Road trippers can go the distance in peace of mind with Travel Master, as they can enjoy up to Php500,000 in car rental protection.
Make the most out of your trip and safeguard you and your loved ones against unexpected events no matter how far you are from home. Check Travel Master page for more details.